The February 2020 meeting of BMAC came to order shortly after 11AM at Tap
Traders with 30 members and 3 guests guests in attendance.
Patrick brought a couple of other BSM members with him to spread the word
about Boulder Street Moto; this is a group of old bike and cafe enthusiasts
who have a local co-op DIY garage in town. Our clubs have some natural
affinities, so we’re trying to get some cross-club interest going. We will
begin posting public BSM events to the BMAC Facebook page, so watch that
There were no new rides this month as it is too cold to buy motorcycles.
BMAC is showing 17 bikes from 11 different members at next weekend’s Super
Show. The show is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday, March 7-8. Come
to see the BMAC and other bikes and cars at the Colorado Springs Event
Center. Contact Dana with questions.
Our high mileage competition is off to a good start; we have 8 riders and
23 different bikes entered. We’ll continue to take new entries as late as
people want to enter; just get Jim a photo of your odometer(s) and he’ll
get you signed up.
For tech time, Frank brought his partially-rebuilt Norton and demonstrated
how the isolastics motor mount system was used to reduce vibration from the
early parallel twins.
Brian brought a wheel and a triple clamp he’d sourced from Cognito Moto
that he’s using to fit a GSX-R front end to the ’73 Triumph he is restoring.
Denise showed off the newly recovered, gel-enhanced seat she has for her
Street Triple restoration.
Finally, John brought is 1926 Royal Enfield tank for anyone curious to see
Several members had rides they wanted to promote:
– Bob mentioned the Denver RAT group’s Chuck Ferarri Memorial Ride, on
– Kris mentioned that the Riverside Ride is back on after a scramble to
find new sponsors, and is scheduled for June 27-28.
– John is promoting the Old Bike Ride on May 17.
– Todd is promoting the Small Bike Ride for displacements between 175
and 350 cc, from August 17-21.
– Gary updated us on the new Lake City Ride, which will be July 11-12. He
has a block of rooms reserved; contact him to reserve one; the cost will be
no more than $85.
Jerry updated us on the scary wreck that Tony and his wife Jane suffered;
their car was forced off the road by a semi. They were able to walk away
from the wreck but are facing some rehab; please reach out to them with
After the meeting, Gary led four other bikes to the National Museum of
World War II Aviation out at the airport, where we were joined by several
other members who caged it this morning. The museum is an outstanding
facility that maintains and restores old warbirds.
– March 5–15 – Daytona Bike Week 79th Anniversary!
– March 7-8 – 30th Annual Super Show & Swap Meet
– April 3–5 – MotoGP Grand Prix of the Americas Austin, TX
– April 4 – Monster Energy Supercross at the Empower Field At Mile High
– April 25 – Chuck Ferarri Memorial Ride
– May 17 – Old Bike Ride
– June 27-28 – Riverside Ride
– July 11-12 – Lake City Ride
– August 17-21 – Small Bike Ride